Vinyl Decking Is Beautiful & Easy to Maintain
Chesterfield Fence & Deck is the company to turn to if you need a new deck at your home in the St. Louis, Missouri, metro or surrounding area. One of our many high-quality decking options is vinyl decking, a product that offers numerous benefits.
Benefits of Vinyl Decking
We install vinyl decking from VEKAdeck®, a leading manufacturer in the industry. VEKAdeck vinyl decking boards are formulated to be extra strong and minimize expansion and contraction throughout the changing seasons. Additionally, they are resistant to fading over time and can be easily cleaned with a mild soap. And that’s only the start of the benefits. Our vinyl decking is also:
- Insect resistant – Because no wood is present in the decking boards, invasive insects have no interest in vinyl decking.
- Splinter free – Vinyl decking will never splinter, freeing you to walk on it with bare feet worry free.
- Slip resistant – The anti-skid surface adds slip resistance when the deck gets wet.
- Water resistant – VEKAdeck vinyl decking does not absorb moisture and therefore does not swell or rot.
- Fire resistant – Vinyl decking does not ignite and will self-extinguish in a fire.
Furthermore, our vinyl decking is available in numerous colors to suit your taste and is thermally reflective, providing a cool surface for your bare feet.
VEKAdeck™ Vinyl Decking System FAQs
1. Will VEKAdeck™ lose its color?
No. VEKAdeck™ is comprised of a unique cellular PVC blend to ensure that it will not discolor under normal conditions. It will stay beautiful throughout the life of the board.
2. Is it insect resistant?
Yes. VEKAdeck™ is impervious to insect damage.
3. Will VEKAdeck™ expand or contract?
VEKAdeck™ is dimensionally stable. It expands and contracts less than .5% and allows for end to end butt joints.
4. Do I need any special equipment or fasteners to install VEKAdeck™?
No. VEKAdeck™ installs just like traditional lumber. Only the essential hand or power tools are needed.
5. When water is applied does it get slippery?
No. VEKAdeck™ has an attractive woodlike pattern embossed onto each board that is slip-resistant when wet or dry.
6. Will I ever need to maintain VEKAdeck™?
You will never have to paint, stain, seal or maintain VEKAdeck™ other than ordinary cleaning with water to get dirt off.
7. Does VEKAdeck™ leech any harmful chemicals into my yard?
Absolutely not. VEKAdeck™ was designed with the environment in mind. It does not leech chemicals and is completely safe for children to play on and touch.
8. Will it ever crack, warp or splinter?
Never. VEKAdeck™’s rigid composition makes it one of the strongest decking materials available on the market today. It will not crack, warp or splinter.
9. Will VEKAdeck™ hold up to the harsh weather conditions?
Absolutely. Since VEKAdeck™ is water resistant it will not absorb water so it will not incur damage from rain and other harsh elements.
10. Will standard screws countersink themselves?
Yes. VEKAdeck™ installs just like traditional lumber. In addition, VEKAdeck™ will not mushroom around screws.
Vinyl Deck Installation
Chesterfield Fence & Deck has been delivering exceptional service for more than 50 years. With so much industry experience, we offer peace of mind to our customers who know their new vinyl deck will be installed the right way for lasting performance.
To learn if vinyl decking is the right choice for your home in the St. Louis, MO, metro or surrounding area, contact Chesterfield Fence & Deck today.